I think you all have used hotel rooms. So, you must be familiar with the term “Guest room cleaning”. Yes, you do not need to clean your hotel room. The assigned hotel’s employee will do it for you.
Guest room cleaning – Meaning
Guest room cleaning refers to the process of removing dirt, dust and stain from any surface. Exchanging the bedroom and bathroom soiled linens with the fresh one, Replacing and replenishing the guestroom & bathroom supplies, and Maintenance of the guest room falls under guest room cleaning.
If you are assigned employee who needs to clean the hotel room then you might follow the below-mentioned steps for a guestroom cleaning.
Daily guest room cleaning procedure
1. Stack the maid’s carte as per the room checklist and bring it in front of the room which supposed to be cleaned.
2. Check the room status. If there is DND (Do not disturb) card hanging on the doorknob or If the door is doubled locked, do not disturb. You might postpone the guest room cleaning task for a certain time. Or you can knock on the door and proceed to the next room.
3. Otherwise knock on the door with the knuckle of the index finger and announce housekeeping.
4. Wait for the response. If there is no response, continue the same process for the second time also.
5. Again if the guest doesn’t answer, open the door slightly with the master key and announce housekeeping.
6. Again if there is no response, then it is confirmed that there is nobody inside the guest room.
7. But after entering the guest room, if there is the guest who might be sleeping or having a shower inside the bathroom, apologize and come out of the room.
8. After entering the room switch on the air conditioner, heating system draws out the curtains, open the window for the fresh air.
9. Switch on the light if the room is dark.
10. Remove the soiled linens from the bed and bathroom. Shake out the linen to ensure that the guest articles are not trapped within the folds.
11. Put the soiled linen in the linen hamper provided in the maid’s carte.
12. Check for any maintenance required and report to the maintenance department through the control desk.
13. Inform the room service for the clearance of soiled plates, trays and trolleys.
14. Enter the bathroom, open the windows, apply the cleaning agent and let it rest to work on dirt and return to the guestroom. Bathroom cleaning is one of the crucial steps in the guest room cleaning procedure.
15. Turn the mattress as directed then make the bed.
16. Brush and vacuum the carpet, collect all the newspaper and put in the proper place.
17. Empty the entire ashtray. Collects the other trash on the table and throw in the waste paper basket.
18. Collect the guest clothes and hang them in the closet.
19. Clean the entire surface in a circular motion with the dry clothes. Use a hand dustbin /dustpan to collect any unwanted matter on the surface without letting the dust raised in the air. Ensure that the entire surface is spotlessly cleaned. Pay special attention to nooks and corners especially those points that may not be obviously visible to the eye.
20. Use a stiff upholstery brush or vacuum cleaner on upholstered furniture arm, back and seat.
21. Replace the stationery and amenities VIP requirement (if any) as per the house (hotel) rules. The no. of items must be exactly as per the standard.
22. Dust and replace each item on dresser and desk. Especial attention should be given to the display of publicity material as a part of the advertisement.
23. Clean lampshades with a clean dry duster, lift lamp and clean under the base. Replace the lamp and adjust the shade.
24. Disinfect the telephone mouthpiece with Dettol.
25. Clean the mirror with a dry cloth first and then with the newspaper to make it sparking.
26. Dust closet shelves, hangers, rods etc. Brush the closet floor. Supply new laundry bags and replace missing hangers and drawers with a paper liner.
27. Enter into the bathroom and clean the bathroom by following the appropriate bathroom cleaning procedure.
28. Return to the room and vacuum the carpet.
29. Close all the windows and set the room in the proper position.
30. Adjust the air condition at the minimum level in case of departure room and in, the previous position in case of occupied room.
31. Give a last look at the room before leaving.
32. Update the room status. Finally your guest room cleaning task has been completed.